Photography is an important part of culture and visual art, which is currently undergoing significant changes due to new technology and trends. Dubai, known for its high-tech achievements, is no exception. At the end of 2020, the Dubai Future Foundation announced the launch of a program that aims to develop the future of photography in the UAE.
One of the newest tendencies is the creation of 3D photos that allow you to create objects and scenes that look incredibly realistic. Such 3D photos virtually transport the viewer to new worlds and spaces. In addition to this, new technologies regarding virtual reality have become very popular and we may soon see the emergence of a virtual travel industry, achieved through smartphones and tablets that allow users to interact with photos while traveling.
Another trend is that more people prefer natural and unprocessed photos as they reflect a more realistic world of the environment. That’s why such professions in the UAE are becoming more natural and less processed with popular filters.
Quite often, large-scale photo exhibitions appear on the Dubai skyline, including panoramic shots and high-quality photographs, reflecting the harmonious connection between technology and architecture. Photojournalists in the UAE are increasingly collaborating with architects and other imaginative professionals to create unparalleled photographs of the city’s new buildings and infrastructure.
Work of a photographer in Dubai: peculiarities
If you want to find a job abroad, you need to know a lot of nuances. To begin with, you can check out current vacancies from employers on the Layboard website. This will help you understand the conditions that are put forward, as well as prepare for what you will be expected to do. This applies not only to your physical but also to your mental state.
Dubai is one of the most visited places in the world and has many diverse cultures and attractions. Working as a photographer here can be a real challenge, but also bring a sense of creativity.
So, here are some of the specifics of working as a photo specialist in Dubai:
- Cultural requirements: Dubai has its own cultural and social requirements. For example, some areas of the city may be off-limits for photography, and some types of clothing may not be permissible. In this regard, photographers need to know the cultural and regulatory requirements to avoid problems with local authorities and residents.
- Technical knowledge and equipment: A specialist needs to know modern techniques and technical means of working with photography. Also, certain technical equipment may be required to work in certain environments or for clients and should be provided.
- Competition: Working as a photojournalist in this country is very popular and in demand, so the competition among professionals is quite high.
- Work schedule: A specialist’s work schedule can be unconventional and unpredictable. Depending on the type of work and clients, a photographer may work on weekends and holidays and may face demands for additional schedule changes.
- Client requirements: Clients from Dubai may have special requirements for the photo and its content. The photographer must be prepared for such requirements and be able to work with the client to produce a high-quality and interesting photo that meets the client’s requirements.
- Permits and licenses: In Dubai, there may be special requirements for obtaining permits and licenses to take photos in certain areas or cultural places. Therefore, the photographer needs to comply with all requirements and obtain the necessary permits before shooting.
In any case, a photographer working in such a modern country can gain invaluable experience. If you’re ready for something new, you can proceed to the job search stage, analyzing each offer you like in detail.
Photography in Dubai will continue to be in demand as the city continues to grow rapidly and demand high-quality and beautiful photos. It’s an interesting job because a photographer meets a lot of person and can be invited to interesting events.
If you are a creative person, have stamina and experience, then this job will suit you. Besides, you can take pictures of more than just people. Many corporations in this country maintain their professional standing through interesting and creative photography that is utilized to provide a variety of services such as advertising, promotion, and marketing.
Speaking in more detail about the areas where photographers are in demand, these are a variety of events. One of the most popular industries in Dubai is the fashion sphere, which requires successful photographers. If you like to take pictures of models and everything beautiful, then this field of photography is guaranteed to please you.
It is also necessary to take pictures at important events (weddings, birthdays, theme parties, etc.). Keep in mind that the fee offered in this case is very pleasant. Especially if you have a positive reputation in the market and use such a way of promotion as word of mouth.
Regular professional shooting in studios will remain a popular service. Customers can be individuals, couples, or families. Dubai is one of the most visited tourist destinations in the world, so photographers can cooperate with tourists and provide them with high-quality and beautiful photos during their vacations and travel. The main thing is not to violate local laws in your activities. Read the basic rules, and if you can, talk about them delicately with the locals.
Familiarize yourself with the rules to avoid fines, as the UAE is a country with its regime and faith. Only then will you be able to gain credibility and earn good money, as a photographer is constantly communicating with various people. In any case, show respect and get to know the culture. It is not only necessary but also useful and interesting.