How can I switch my HP printer offline to online in Windows 10? If you’ve seen this error notice HP printer says offline, it can be aggravating. It does not, however, imply that your printer is faulty. When your HP printer becomes unresponsive, it is unable to communicate with the source of the print job.
It is best to pause all print jobs until the problem is resolved because an offline printer cannot accept or process new print jobs. Before reading our troubleshooting advice, do not send print requests to your offline printer. You may need to postpone any print jobs that are waiting in the printer queue until you can reconnect. Just remember to save your work so that you can print it later.
How do I bring an offline HP printer online in Windows 10?
These guidelines will cover a variety of subjects. If your problem has been resolved, do not feel obligated to complete all of the procedures. However, because the most superficial fixes are listed first and require the most minor work and technical expertise, it is far preferable to complete them in this order.
Start HP Print and Scan
- To locate and resolve issues, use the HP Print and Scan Doctor programmer. You can access a special version designed to address offline issues by clicking this link.
- To begin, launch the HPPSdr.exe file from the download location and allow it to run. You may need to enter administrator mode to accomplish this.
- If prompted, accept the source of the file because it was uploaded by the HP technical support team.
- Then, by clicking Start, select your printer.
- If your printer is not listed, restart it and then select Retry in the Print and Scan Doctor program.
- The application will detect any potential connectivity issues. If you are asked to enable printer updates, simply follow the prompts and click Yes.
Did you find these guidelines useful? It was successful if the status of your printer changed from “offline” to “online.” If not, proceed to the next step.
Configure the Default Printer
You may need to specify your preferred default printer. Follow these steps to resolve the problem in Windows 10. Before you begin, ensure that you have downloaded and installed all Windows 10 operating system updates.
- Use the search bar or tell Cortana to open Devices.
- Select Printers and scanners.
- Check the box next to “Let Windows manage my default printer.” Click the box to deselect it if necessary.
- Choose your printer from the drop-down menu.
- If your printer appears more than once, choose the instance that shows an online or idle status.
- Choose Manage.
- Set as default by selecting the Set as default button.
Check your connection
Depending on how the printer is connected to your device, it may still appear to be offline. If you choose to connect with a USB cord, make sure it is securely inserted. If the problem persists, you could try a different USB cord
Follow these steps to connect to your printer via a wireless network:
- Wait 10 seconds after turning off your printer before unplugging the power cord to restart it.
- Afterward, turn off your computer.
- By attaching the printer’s power line , you can restart the printer.
- It’s crucial to unplug the power cord from your wireless router.
- Before reconnecting it, ten seconds must elapse.
- It could take some time for your internet to come back on.
- Start your PC at that point.
- Use the HP Smart software or the HP wireless setup to connect your printer to your network.
- Print a wireless report to check for any potential connectivity issues.
- Find this report under the network settings of your printer or wireless menu.
If issues remain, you might need to get in touch with the supplier of your router or the network administrator. After doing these steps and your printer is still offline, speak with an HP printer professional. After using these techniques, connection issues could be hard to identify.
Every time you run into an HP printer offline issue, keep following the previous instructions on how to Change HP Printer which is Offline to Online on Windows 10 until you find a solution.